Family C Notes

Notes from the C family about what's happening in our lives.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

We are a family of four~ five counting the cat. Aaron, Nicole, Garrett, Jake, and Ruby (The cat).

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tamale Time.....

If you know anything about Tamales, you know that they are very popular around Christmas time. It is a tradition in most Mexican families to make tamales to give to friends and family. I remember making tamales growing up and I wasn't a very big fan of it. It's hard work getting the Masa spread evenly onto the husks.

Our family stopped making tamales years ago because it was way too much work and it was just easier to order them from the Tamale Lady. I'm not sure who brought it up this year but someone said, "we should make tamales this year". We all agreed to meet at my mom and dad's house and spend the evening making tamales. They weren't the prettiest tamales and my mom & dad kept arguing about how to spread the masa but it was fun hanging out with everyone and eating the finished product. Maybe we'll do it again in 2008?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home